North Wiltshire – Live in Housekeeping Couple
|Job type:||Permanent, Full time|
|Date:||Friday 7th September 2018|
|Closing date:||Sunday 7th October 2018|
Live in housekeeping couple to manage and maintain the house.
Our client is looking for a trustworthy, experienced and enthusiastic couple to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the house, as the current couple are leaving after 22 years. The duties are those normally expected of a live in couple, working in cooperation with the existing house and garden staff.
This is an excellent position for a couple who like to work on their own and use their initiative. The housekeeping work will include carrying out all housekeeping duties such as cleaning; some simple cooking; preparing and conserving seasonal vegetables; flower arranging, possibly laundry work. Other functions include heavier cleaning and polishing; the daily checking and maintenance of the systems of the house such as security, heating, plumbing; liaising and supervising with external contractors in this connection; liaising with the gardens. There may be occasional waiting on table. As there may be occasional driving, a clean driving licence is essential. There may also be occasional care of domestic animals.
The position is generally full time Monday to Friday but there may be occasional weekend work and the applicants will need to be flexible.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The following provides a brief summary of the duties involved in this post, but it should not be regarded as an exhaustive list:
• Cleaning the house and overseeing the daily
• Heavier cleaning, polishing, maintaining furniture, floors and other items in the house, storage and preservation
• Managing all aspects of the security of the property to include ensuring that the alarm system is appropriately locked and switched on and ensuring that the security and fire alarms are appropriately serviced and maintained
• Ensuring that all equipment in the house is maintained in a safe, efficient and clean working condition
• Daily checking of the systems of the house and contacting outside contractors to carry out any work required.
• Preparing and preserving homegrown vegetables
• Preparing certain meals as required
• Liaising with garden staff as required to ensure supplies of seasonal vegetables
• Coordinating with the estate handyman to ensure house well maintained.
• Managing household recycling.
• Laying open fires within the property and maintaining sufficient supplies of kindling and fire wood within the house
• Looking after domestic animals when the client is away
• Very occasional waiting on table
• To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post
Instructions will be given as required by the Employer and their Agents. Generally, the employee will be expected to carry out day to day duties without instruction/direction.
A self-contained furnished former dower house will be provided. This includes; kitchen, dining room, sitting room, utility, two bedrooms and a bathroom. There is also an attractive garden and separate parking.
To be confirmed but probably sometime in December 2018.
This will be dependent on experience although our client is prepared to pay the appropriate market rate for the right couple.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.